Angel Cats: Divine Messengers of Comfort
Read true stories about a feline friend with a "sixth sense" who intuitively comfort living and dying nursing home residents in Nashville.
• Three healer cats help a man get his "purr" backafter he collapses from exhaustion.
• A cat named Pumpkin saved the life of a family duringwartime and kept his promise to a dying mother to keep her daughter safe from harm.
• A mother-daughter duo becomes kitty cardiologists and pacemakerswho restart a woman's heart when it stops beating during the night.
• Two playful sister cats coax a major league baseballoutfielder through a losing season.
• An intuitive cat gives healing massage to a breast cancerpatient. And many more stories of cats bringing comfort to those who need it.
• Meet Cuddles, the Andersons' cat who writes her own advicecolumn, ?Ask Cuddles? to let you in on secrets of what cats really think.
Angel Cats proves that cats are as compassionate as they are cautious. While dogs get more credit, cats have perennially proven themselves to be every bit the equal of their canine brethren as humankind's best friend. Angel Cats, inspired by a contest authors Allen and Linda Anderson ran to find the "Best Angel Cat" stories, shows the often-extraordinary ways in which these fascinating creatures respond to human need.
Interwoven with the stories are brief meditations as well as fun facts about cats. Did you know cats purr at the same frequency that increases bone density and strengthens and heals fractures? Can you understand why cats were revered as gods in ancient Egypt? (Cats still believe this!)
"Angels come to us in many ways. Some are never identified, and some, we don?t even know have changed our lives, maybe even saved us, until there is a realization. This enlightening book will make you take many a close look at your 'angel.'"
--Tippi Hedren, actress and animal activist
NOTE: If you would like your book inscribed with specific names and messages, you can add this information to the "Special Instructions" segment when you check out with your order. You can also email email@example.com with the details of names and messages for your books.
- Paperback: 174 pages
- Publisher: New World Library (2004)
- ISBN-13: 978-1577314486
- ISBN-10: 1577314484
- Photographs: 35 black & white photos
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 6.0 x 0.5
- Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces
- Language: English